Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

Jeff Gordon Added to Chase after 3 Teams Caught Cheating

NASCAR had decided to add Jeff Gordon as a 13th driver in this year's Chase. It looked like Jeff Gordon had secured a spot in the Chase last race at Richmond but Clint Boyer "scratched his itch" (intentionally spun) so his teammate Martin Truex Jr. could make the chase. His crew chief told him prior to the spin, "I bet its hot in there itch it". Michael Waltrip Racing wasn't the only team that cheated though. Penske Racing made a deal with Front Row Motorsports so Joey Logano could pass David Gilliland so he could secure a spot in the Chase. Three teams attempted to manipulate the Chase. MWR was fined $300,000 and all of their drivers were docked 50 points. Truex Jr. was taken out of the Chase and Ryan Newman was added in a couple of days ago. I'm sure Penke Racing and FRM will get disciplined as well but I haven't heard anything yet.

I think NASCAR made the right decision by putting Gordon and Newman in the Chase. Gordon has always been my favorite driver. I agree with Jimmie Johnson though, Logano shouldn't be in the Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment